[Kexi] Unknown interpreter 'python', Kubuntu 9.04, Kexi 1.1.3 (Koffice 1.6.3) (Using KDE 3.5.10)

Matthew Wilkin forums at cpradio.net
Wed Aug 5 01:01:58 CEST 2009

Okay, as mentioned in the subject, I am having issues with all of my Python
scripts in Kexi.  None of them execute as they are trying to be compiled as
ruby scripts, which obviously will not work.

I am running Kubuntu 9.04, which is shipped with KDE 4, however, Kexi version
1.1.3 seems to run on the KDE 3.5 libraries.

I have installed many python libraries for both KDE 4 and KDE 3, none of which
have solved this issue.

The only way I think I found to solve this issue was to installed a KDE 3
version of KOffice.  Unfortunately, that would uninstall almost all of my KDE
4 applications, of which, I am very dependent on.

The previous mailing list message I found regarding this stated that the
kdebindings might be a separate package.  They were and I installed them for
KDE 4, but I still have this issue.  I'll be the first to admit, I know very
little about the underlying workings of KDE, but I can hold my own with
command line operations, including building a package from source.

However, since I do run a Debian based system, I try to use .deb packages
where I can so the apt system can monitor any conflicts.

I've been scouring Google trying to find a solution to this as my wife is the
one in dire need for these scripts.  The Kexi Database runs her business
invoices and I wrote a LOT of scripts to do reports and the like.  Not having
those available right now is driving her mad!

Feel free to contact me via email, im, etc.
aol: wdforums
msn: cpradio at cpradio.net
icq: 129352763

Thanks,