[Kexi] Kexi tries to convert MySQL project

Jan Gromadzki jg_box at poczta.fm
Thu Oct 18 10:48:43 CEST 2007

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 18:03:54 +0200
Jarosław Staniek <js at iidea.pl> wrote:

Thank you very much for instant reply.

> Does the second box have acces to he same database or to a copy?

Literally, it is a set of the same databases stored on 2 unconnected
boxes (but the OS and MySQL are in the same version on both). Long time
it worked correctly.

>If this is a
> copy, maybe you could perform a mysqldump of both copies and compare them?

I have a zip archive of the bases from working system and in the case
of database used dellow the files are identical.

> You could look at tables having prefix kexi__ in name - [1] absence of these
> tables or [2] removed/edited records (e.g. using external tools) could lead to
> the problem you describe.

I do not any  editing in these tables, they seem to be the same like in
working system.

> Specifically, the error appears when there is no result in the following query:
>
> mysql>
>
> SELECT db_value FROM kexi__db WHERE db_property='kexidb_major_ver';
>
> result: 1

mysql> use HomeInfo
Database changed
mysql> SELECT db_value FROM kexi__db WHERE db_property='kexidb_major_ver';
ERROR 1017 (HY000): Can't find file: './HomeInfo/kexi__db.frm' (errno:
13)

but 'kexi__db.frm' exists and is the same like in working system.

I have no idea what is wrong.

with best regards

JG