[Kexi] Form with more fields from several tables

Sergio Belkin sebelk at gmail.com
Wed May 23 22:45:17 CEST 2007

--- El Mié 23 May 2007, Jarosław Staniek encontró un teclado y tipeó lo
siguiente:
> JS: Sergio Belkin said the following, On 2007-05-23 19:03:
> JS:
> JS: > Well, so I should use tables
> JS: > yet because these has the Lookup columns, that as I far saw it isn't
> in Forms JS: > design, is it?
> JS:
> JS: Lookup columns are fully usable in forms too. It is just that Autofield
> widget JS: does not yet offer "combo box/lookup" data type yet, so you just
> have to JS: insert a combo box widget by hand and assign data source to it
> (i.e. assign JS: field that is visible on tabular view as combo box). Then
> the form's combo box JS: will be filled with data according to field's
> properties set up in the Table JS: Designer.
> JS:
> JS: For example, please look at SimpleDatabase.kexi, which is provided for
> JS: distributors to ship with Kexi. This example contains "ownership" table
> with JS: lookup fields and "ownership" form with combo boxes.
> JS: If you cannot find the file in your distro, the same can be grabbed
> from JS:
> http://www.kde-files.org/content/show.php/Simple+Database?content=23137 JS:

Amazing!!!!! It is I was looking for!!! Wow, I have to say that as
OpenOffice.org Writer/Calc/Impress it's better than its Office counterparts,
Kexi is better than OOo Base. Perhaps, has no thounsand of features of OOo
but is simpler to use it!

Thanks again Jarosław!
--
Sergio Belkin