[Kexi] Form with more fields from several tables

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Wed May 23 19:58:32 CEST 2007

Sergio Belkin said the following, On 2007-05-23 19:03:

> Well, so I should use tables
> yet because these has the Lookup columns, that as I far saw it isn't in Forms
> design, is it?

Lookup columns are fully usable in forms too. It is just that Autofield widget
does not yet offer "combo box/lookup" data type yet, so you just have to
insert a combo box widget by hand and assign data source to it (i.e. assign
field that is visible on tabular view as combo box). Then the form's combo box
will be filled with data according to field's properties set up in the Table
Designer.

For example, please look at SimpleDatabase.kexi, which is provided for
distributors to ship with Kexi. This example contains "ownership" table with
lookup fields and "ownership" form with combo boxes.
If you cannot find the file in your distro, the same can be grabbed from
http://www.kde-files.org/content/show.php/Simple+Database?content=23137