[Kexi] Help with linked lists

jazz_johnson at verizon.net jazz_johnson at verizon.net
Wed May 9 20:16:49 CEST 2007

I wanted to try out some trees in sql using methods as in

http://www.dbazine.com/oracle/or-articles/tropashko4
http://www.grzm.com/fornow/archives/2004/07/10/static_hierarchies

So I set up a simple table;

heirarchy(name,path)={
King, '1'
Jones, '1.1'
Scott, '1.1.1'
Adams, '1.1.1.1'
Ford, '1.1.2'
Smith, '1.1.2.1'
Blake, '1.2'
Allen, '1.2.1'
Ward, '1.2.2'
Clark, '1.3'
Miller, '1.3'
}

with a query defined in the SQL screen
myquery=SELECT name, path FROM heirarchy WHERE path = '1.1' OR path = '1'

But when I add a text widget to a form with formsource=myquery
the widget datasource is 'expr1'
If I click on the query design view, then myquery is changed to:
SELECT name,path FROM heirarchy
But there seems to be no way of selecting fields from mysquery
without clicking on the query design view screen.

Is it possible to pick query columns without using query design mode?

THANKS