[Kexi] designing forms, binding forms to database

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Thu Feb 15 10:07:39 CET 2007

Kexi Dude said the following, On 2007-02-15 03:10:
> I have imported my access database into Kexi, and am trying to create a
> simple form to show a customer record.  Here are my questions:

Hello,

 > 1. Are the design toolbars still under construction?  I can't find a
 > customize method.
 > 2. Is there an easy way to add a table's field to the form. (I think I
 > already know the answer to that one. ; )

Kexi contains built-in for designer. Please use this toolbar action to switch
to the Design Mode
http://websvn.kde.org/*checkout*/trunk/koffice/kexi/pics/cr22-action-state_edit.png

Binding forms to database fields is performed using the Data Pane as presented
here http://kexi-project.org/pics/1.1/propeditor_groups.png

'Drag & drop to create data field' also works in versions >= 1.0.

I'd say you may want to take a look at Kexi docs where topics you mentioned
are covered:

http://docs.kde.org/development/en/koffice/kexi/index.html

 > 3. I want to have a text box with two lines of text possible, even
 > though usually only one will be used.  Can I get the text to wrap to the
 > second line if it is too long?  I don't like scrolling horizontally.  : P

Use text editor widget, icon:
http://websvn.kde.org/*checkout*/trunk/koffice/kexi/pics/cr22-action-textedit.png

It helps if you always specify your Kexi version and the operating system
name/version, and if you choos a meaningful topic in your post.

BTW: nice domain name, kexiray.com :)