[Kexi] error when importing database (access97) on fedora core 5

Martin Ellis martin.ellis at kdemail.net
Mon Oct 2 10:50:21 CEST 2006

On Monday 02 October 2006 08:41, Jarosław Staniek wrote:
> > I have just installed the last aviable rpm for FC5 (kexi 1.0.2).
> > Trying to import mdb database working on win XP, under access 97,
> > and got an error message:
> > "This type is not supported"
>
> Have you got Kexi MDB plugin package installed? Look at the Downoad
> section of kexi-project.org for more info. There's no listed the
> MDB driver however, so find it or request from Fedora developers -
> packaging is obviously their task.

Good luck with that!
The Fedora packager didn't respond to my last emails. :o(

AFAIK, Debian, Ubuntu and FreeBSD are the only systems with the
keximdb driver packaged.

> Other way of getting this installed is to compile from source code
> (see Compiling section of kexi-project.org).

This is just the usual ./configure ; make ; make install stuff.

Grab the tarball from
ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/koffice-1.5.2/src/

To be honest though, if I was using Fedora, I'd remove the packages
and just compile the KOffice 1.6 release candidate myself, and the
relevant version of keximdb.  Depends on how comfortable you are with
compiling stuff yourself though.

Martin