[Kexi] Calculated Fields

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Wed Nov 22 09:43:00 CET 2006

wayne said the following, On 2006-11-22 07:55:

> I have 2 questions about the forms.
> How does one create calculated fields?
> If field 1 = 35, how does one create  field 2= field 1 X 2 (70)?

Hello Wayne,
You could do this using querires but on the other hand, data from queries is
not editable ATM, so if you want (I guess) to display a helper noneditable
field with calculation, there is no easy way to do this in the current version.
Next year, there could be a function where an expression (in your case:
field1*2) could be enetered for the form field directly...
If you need this feature, please file a wish for Kexi on the
http://bugs.kde.org/ web site.

> Also, how does one duplicate a record while in form view?

ATM there is no dedicated functions to perform this. You can set default
values for fields in the table designer (I know, this is not the same, but can
help). Again, file a wish so others can be aware what is demanded.