[Kexi] importing mdb files

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Fri May 26 17:22:32 CEST 2006

Jan Gromadzki said the following, On 2006-05-26 17:05:

> Is there anybody who has tried importing MS Access files? Even no real
> DB but e.g. test_db.mdb.
> I have tried and only 16 kB of this 208 kB data was imported - 4 tables
> with small amount of data.

Jan,
Thanks for your interest. In such cases, to get faster response, I'd like to
see the example data, if it's not a secret. You can defragment it and
compress, then send to me; I wont publish it if not aloowed. Maybe you have
just found a case that we do not cover yet.

 > Kexi is from new koffice 1.5.1 + keximdb 1.0
> (compiling of v. 1.0.1  ends with error 127 after entering make
> command).

Could you provide the full error message?

Note that 1.0.1 version is better: imports decimal and floating-point values
very well.

> Is it possible to import real MS access data in any simple way?

We developed the driver for such applications, and I use it for real data.
E.g. data from northwind.mdb can be imported, and this is not a trivial db.

> I am desktop user and automated importing old access files (some
> unsophisticated data bases) is very important task for me now. After
> all, Kexi seems now to be quite adequate to serve the same role as MS
> access, I think.

We work step-by-step, you can help us to improve!

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska