[Kexi] Missing features in Kexi

Maarten Wisse Maarten.Wisse at urz.uni-hd.de
Mon May 22 15:00:22 CEST 2006

Dear Kexi-users,

I'm trying Kexi 1.0.1 to look whether it can be the platform of a book review
management system that I have now in mysql/php4. First a big thank you to the
Kexi developers. Things that are there, work intuitively. I like Kexi much
more than OOo Base or Knoda. However, I miss some things too and would like
to ask whether one thinks particular things will be possible:

What I miss:

1. a date widget in forms
2. a pull down widget in forms

Will these be added in the near future?

Support question: are criteria in queries implemented in exactly the same way
as in Access?

Final question: I want to implement a form from which the user can click on a
button and get an email message in kmail with a predefined message including
data from the database. is that possible with the current state of scripting
support?

Best regards,

Maarten Wisse