[Kexi] left outer join + sqlite3

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Mon Jul 17 01:53:37 CEST 2006

Bruce Hohl said the following, On 2006-07-17 01:30:

> Thank you for the reply.  I am pleased to hear of your plans to support
> other types of joins with Kexi release 1.1.  I am presently evaluating
> Base,
> Rekall and Kexi.  This will take me some weeks or months.  I hope to be
> able
> to provide useful user feedback to all these projects.  You can view my
> notes at http://home.wowway.com/~brucehohl/ for some insight into
> functionality I feel is important.  I am hoping one day to move some or all
> applications from Access.
>
> If you could provide a link to or an actual sample Kexi database for my
> site
> I would be grateful.

http://kexi-project.org/wiki/wikiview/index.php?Support#Example_Databases

The example is always as feature rich as the latest stable version allows
it... so since 1.1 is not released, you know, example may be outdated

I found your comparison table very valuable. Keep up this good work!

I'd add:
- docs are just not translated to english (full docs are in polish, example db
is documented in polish)
- this page (work in progress) can be useful
http://kexi-project.org/wiki/wikiview/index.php?KexiComparisons
- "Embedded DB: performance" -> as tested with 50000 records - reasonable
speed even if kexi is not yet optimized when table data is loaded... Kexi
overhead can be important, but I hope since you're testing SQLite backend this
document can be usable too: http://www.sqlite.org/speed.html; testing
mysql/pgsql backends can be more complex as it all depends on quality of the
access to the server...
- call me clever here but I propose you to also test quality and asability of
form designer and database/csv data import features.

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska