[Kexi] Subversion - Compiling Problem

Karsten Schwager broock54 at gmx.de
Thu Jan 26 10:45:35 CET 2006

Hi Sebastian,

Am Mittwoch Januar 25 2006 16:43 schrieb Sebastian Sauer:
> That sounds quit funny.... and you used root (or something
> like su -c "make install" to perform the installation as root)
> to install them? Another reason could be maybe, that you don't
> defined the right target-directory (the ./configure
> --prefix=`kde-config --prefix`).

Before 'make install' I switched to root

> It still works fine for me. I use
> cd koffice     # to cd into the top-directory where the lib
> and the kexi directories are located
> svn up         # I do that to update my local repository with
> the newest sources. Shouldn't be needed on your case cause you
> have already nearly fresh sources.

I had an 'old' local reposity to that I updated that way.
Creating a new one was one of the last things I did before
writing to the list!

> make clean # Sometimes it's needed to remove all previous
> compiled stuff. After the "make clean" everything will be
> rebuild
> make -f Makefile.cvs # create the configuration
> ./configure --prefix=`kde-config --prefix` # the prefix
> defines where I like to install my files. If I send a
> kde-config --prefix to the Konsole, I get "/usr" as result.
> So, Kexi will be installed to my /usr directory. make #
> compile everything
> su -c "make install" # install what I compiled. Cause I don't
> use root to compile the sources, I need to execute the "make
> install" with su (switch user).

That's exactly the way I done it.

> > A 'make install' in the koffice/lib, like Martin suggested
> > it, doesn't change anything. (OK I tried it after compiling
> > kexi)
>
> I am not sure what you mean with "doesn't change anything".
> Nothing got compiled?

It got but the libs are still in the subdirectory of my local
reposity but not in the directory of my system - nothing was
installed like before.

> Well, that's the case cause you compiled
> it already. If you like to recompile everything just use "make
> clean" and then "make". If you mean, that nothing got
> installed, then you maybe got an errormessage? or maybe it's
> installed into the wrong directory (the --prefix option as
> explained above)?

I updated the koffice libs as Martin told me. In the moment the
make process is running.

> I hoped that helped and if not, please provide us the output
> of your configure && make install commands, so we are able to
> find the reason for it :)
>
> Thanks for your feedback and may the force be with us.

Thanks for your help

Karsten

--
Nanny Ogg quite liked cooking, provided there were other people
around to do things like chop up the vegetables and wash the