[Kexi] Subversion - Compiling Problem

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Mon Jan 23 13:16:35 CET 2006

Karsten Schwager said the following, On 2006-01-23 12:43:

> Compiling worked without problems. But starting kexi, I got the
> following error:
>
> [karsten at Desktop ~]$ kexi
> kexi: error while loading shared libraries: libkofficeui.so.3:
>
> Depends kexi now on the kofficeui and I can't compile it as a
> stand alone application anymore?

Yes it does. We've added this dependency as after version 0.9 libkoproperty.so
was moved to kofffice/lib/koproperty directory, so anyway you need to compile
several (not all) koffice/lib/ subdirectories. In fact you need to compile and
install:

koffice/lib/koproperty
koffice/lib/kofficecore
koffice/lib/kofficeui

and optionally, when compiling scripts support:

koffice/lib/kross

I guess, for convenience of users like you, we could provide lightweight
kexi-only tarball with all needed source code, before the final release of
KOffice 1.5. OK for you?

PS: If you only want to compile Kexi having entire koffice source code:

"To only compile very few toplevel dirs, instead of using DO_NOT_COMPILE to
exclude most of them, you can list in a file named 'inst-apps', at the
toplevel, the toplevel subdirs you want to compile."

http://developer.kde.org/documentation/other/developer-faq.html#q2.6.2

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska

  Kexi Developer:      http://www.kexi-project.org | http://koffice.org/kexi
  Kexi Support:        http://www.kexi-project.org/support.html
  Kexi For MS Windows: http://kexi.pl/wiki/index.php/Kexi_for_MS_Windows
  KDE3, KDE4 Libraries For Developing MS Windows Applications:
                       http://www.kdelibs.com/wiki