[Kexi] Some bugs and suggestions

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Sat Jan 21 12:18:59 CET 2006

Custodis said the following, On 2006-01-21 08:13:
> Hi there,
>
> If you don’t mind, I will list the bugs I found here. Don’t see them a
> criticism, I’m just trying to help to improve the program. I think it’s
> amazing so few people can do such a great job in such little time. I’m
> working with version 2005 LT v4 on windows xp.
>
> Bugs
>
> - In the 10 hours I worked with Kexi, the program crashed about 10. I’ve
> tried to find out who this happened, but I’m not sure. It seems to have
> to do something whit the length of a session. When Kexi runs a few
> hours, it suddenly gets a bit in responsive, when the user clicks again
> and again to get a command running, Kexi stops without warning. Data
> loss occurs. I don’t have lots of data jet (just one row in two tables
> and two forms; no queries).
>
> - I’ve made a multiple form. The undo function does not always work
> here. Sometimes the undo function skips one action or don’t remember the
> location of widgets right (this happened in a “group box”)
>
> - When designing a form and making a widget smaller, the widget runs
> over the screen to the right and then disappears out of the box.
>
> - When creating a new data table; the length of the text variables are
> not remembered. The all go back to the default value 200
>
> - When changing the total font color of a tab, the tab itself remains gray.
>
> - In the Netherlands the function of a comma ( , ) and a point ( . ) are
> switched. When entering a number like $ 22.50 we enter $ 22,50 This is
> not working well.
>
> - When entering a database it isn’t possible to “save as” (for nothing
> has changed jet).
>
> - Data entered is not always stored (but this may be my lack of
> experience with the program).
>
> Suggestions, it would be nice if the user could …
>
> - enter the number of digits after the comma (f.i. $ 22,50 or 22,501) in
> the datasource (I couldn’t find it).
>
> - select multiple widgets while designing a form, by selecting an area.
>
> - fix data if Kexi crashes
>
> - select the last used database when kexi starts
>
> - switch between design view and data view could be combined in one button

Thanks for spending time with Kexi, I'd like rather answer the questions on
kexi-devel at kde.org mailing list, as it's devoted to development issues.

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska

  Kexi Developer:      http://www.kexi-project.org | http://koffice.org/kexi
  Kexi Support:        http://www.kexi-project.org/support.html
  Kexi For MS Windows: http://kexi.pl/wiki/index.php/Kexi_for_MS_Windows
  KDE3, KDE4 Libraries For Developing MS Windows Applications:
                       http://www.kdelibs.com/wiki