[Kexi] New user with a few questions

Custodis Custodis at zonnet.nl
Thu Jan 19 20:21:51 CET 2006

Hi all,

First I would like to apologize for my bad spelling. I'm Dutch and not
very used to write English texts. Furthermore I'm not completely new in
using a database. So I will probable good in asking stupid questions ;)

I'm looking for a good database. OOo Base is very unstable so I would
like to try Kexi. I'm using Windows -XP.

- The version I downloaded is called a demo. Why? It seems to be more
than just a demo.
- I am missing the option to make reports. I this possible f.i. in
combination with Abi-word?
- I've made a table and a form. Looks nice. I forgot however to use the
border. It doesn't seem possible to cut and paste the objects into the
border. In other words the border isn't transparent.
- How can I change the color of the tab? (I'm using a multiple tab
form). The tab is gray by default.
- Is it possible to drag and drop a field-label to a form so the box so
the imputbox in the form is linked to the table. I suppose not... but
how can I link the textboxes to the table so input will added as a new
record in the table... (like I said; I'm a real beginner).

By the way..., very nice icon graphics!

Well, thanks