[Kexi] kexi

Eildert Groeneveld Eildert.Groeneveld at fal.de
Tue Feb 28 22:07:30 CET 2006

Jaroslaw
meanwhile i got the last tar ball and that worked without problem. Thus the
debian version seems to have a problem.

As regards svn: I did not manage to get it compiled.
Sorry.
On Tuesday 28 February 2006 22:04, Jarosław Staniek wrote:
> Eildert Groeneveld said the following, On 2006-02-24 15:15:
> >>I'll look at the problem; could you try to connect via tcp/ip, instead
> >>of the socket? And send me your .kexic file for your connection (before
> >>remove your password= line), located in
> >>~/.kde/share/apps/kexi/connections/ ?
> >
> > [Connection1]
> > caption=
> > engine=postgresql
> > password=xxxxx
> > type=connection
> > useLocalSocketFile=false
> > user=eg
> >
> > [File Information]
> > version=1
> >
> > This would be it.
> >
> > Using socket or TCP does not seem to make a difference.
>
> I am unable to reproduct on my pgsql 8.0 installation. Maybe 8.1 makes a
> difference. Are you able to test 8.0?
sorry, no.

> I'll ask the simplest question first to eliminate trivial bugs: what is
> your libpqxx-x.y.z.so version?
> The newest is 2.5.5: would be nice if you can compile it and try.

I have libpqxx-2.5.5c2a

> BTW, the "Closing connection while nontransaction still open" message does
> not appear to be relevant (it doesn't come from kexi and nontransaction is
> not a real transaction, so commit or rollback is not needed here); anyway
> it would be nice for me to see why it appeared at all.
I tried the debug mode, but is apparently not enabled in the debian package,
and, as I said, with the tarball the problem went away.

> My recent commit introduces a fix for storing binary data, what fixes
> storing query defs and forms for pgsql. Are you able to compile fresh Kexi
> from SVN or ask somebody to do so?
svn did not work for me, some make problem.

greetings

Eildert