[Kexi] kexi

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Tue Feb 28 22:04:21 CET 2006

Eildert Groeneveld said the following, On 2006-02-24 15:15:

>>I'll look at the problem; could you try to connect via tcp/ip, instead
>>of the socket? And send me your .kexic file for your connection (before
>>remove your password= line), located in
>>~/.kde/share/apps/kexi/connections/ ?
>

> [Connection1]
> caption=
> engine=postgresql
> password=xxxxx
> type=connection
> useLocalSocketFile=false
> user=eg
>
> [File Information]
> version=1
>
> This would be it.
>
> Using socket or TCP does not seem to make a difference.

I am unable to reproduct on my pgsql 8.0 installation. Maybe 8.1 makes a
difference. Are you able to test 8.0?

I'll ask the simplest question first to eliminate trivial bugs: what is your
libpqxx-x.y.z.so version?
The newest is 2.5.5: would be nice if you can compile it and try.

BTW, the "Closing connection while nontransaction still open" message does not
appear to be relevant (it doesn't come from kexi and nontransaction is not a
real transaction, so commit or rollback is not needed here); anyway it would
be nice for me to see why it appeared at all.

My recent commit introduces a fix for storing binary data, what fixes storing
query defs and forms for pgsql. Are you able to compile fresh Kexi from SVN or
ask somebody to do so?

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska