[Kexi] Problems with primary key

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Thu Feb 2 12:55:21 CET 2006

Karsten Schwager said the following, On 2006-02-02 12:28:

> Hallo,
>
> actual I'm testing a little bit the kexi version that's comes
> with koffice 1.5 beta (kexi 1.0 beta). Compiling worked without
> any trouble.
>
> I got a problem with the primary keys! I created a new database
> (stored in a single file - sqlite) and created a new table. My
> fields are:
>
> [table 1]
> Index	---> primary key (I changed primary key to 'yes' in
> proberties )
> Text	---> text long
>
> When I try to put in some datas in the Text-field, I got the
> following error message window:
>
> Row inserting failed.
> You can correct data in this row or use "Cancel row changes"
> function.
>
> Details:
> Unspecified error encountered
> Message from server:
> near "index": syntax error
> SQL statement:
> SELECT "index" FROM table1 WHERE "index"=18446744073709551615
> LIMIT 1
> Server result number:
> 1
>

> I got no problems when I spezify my Index-field with the
> following properties:
>
> [table 2]
> Subtype			Integer Number
> Unsigned Number	No
> Primary Key		No
> Unique			Yes
> Required		Yes
> Autonumber		No
> Indeed			No
>

> I got the same error, when I used one of the last subversion
> sources.

Could you please send me the database you created with these two tables (it
it's not a secret)? It's always easier for me to quickly found out the source
of the defect.

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska

  Kexi Developer:      http://www.kexi-project.org | http://koffice.org/kexi
  Kexi Support:        http://www.kexi-project.org/support.html
  Kexi For MS Windows: http://kexi.pl/wiki/index.php/Kexi_for_MS_Windows
  KDE3, KDE4 Libraries For Developing MS Windows Applications:
                       http://www.kdelibs.com/wiki