[Kexi] french translation

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Fri Dec 29 22:01:08 CET 2006

koxinga said the following, On 2006-12-29 21:46:
> Jarosław Staniek wrote:
>>
>> Hello koxinga,
>> The automated translation is just for the website. Ignore it if it's
>> so bad.
>> Re translations, contact the maintener of the French KDE translation
>> team -- it's not my area (me and others "only" develop the stuff,
>> including the docs, in english).
>

> So you are not interested in a better translation of the website ?

Hmm, you talked about "translating the kexi docs". If you want to translate
the website, you can start with doing so for http://koffice.org/ or koffice
pages for French Wikipedia. These are user-level informations, as opposed to
the Kexi developer's Wiki http://kexi-project.org/wiki/wikiview/.

This advice goes to any other language.

The latter is really going to change randomly, and developers should know
english a bit.

It's hard to say you want to maintain this part, to keep it updated. Outdated
information is soemtimes worse than having it only in english, right?

> I should ask you directly as it seems specific to kexi. However, if you
> don't have the infrastructure to handle translations, I understand you
> may not be interested ;)

I'd suggest to wait until we migrate to Mediawiki engine early next year I
hope. Then you can get an account and add some most top-level french pages if
you want.

PS: There is also wiki.koffice.org/ wiki, where you can get account by asking
Thomas Zander <zander @ kde.org>. The wiki contains (or will have) some nice
tutorials that can be a subject for translation.