[Kexi] Using kexi from the subversion repository

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Mon Oct 31 22:58:49 CET 2005

Karsten Schwager said the following, On 2005-10-30 15:12:

>>that while running 'configure' you should provide valid prefix,
>>specific for your Linux distribution (updated now).
>>
>>So instead of
>>  ./configure --enable-debug=full
>>
>>type:
>>
>>  ./configure --enable-debug=full --prefix=`kde-config --prefix`
>>                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>

> With these I get no trouble. kexi is starting and I can create and open
> database files :-)
>
> I really like the progress of the program. The Text-Editor box is very
> usefull for me. Are there plans to implement text formating like bold
> or different font sizes maybe using the OpenDocument Text format?

I guess first, rich text will be implemented, then any opendocument format
supported by KOfice as well. This is one of the points of KOffice integration
described here http://conference2005.kde.org/slides/kexi/kexi.html

> Did I something wrong with the image box or is it still not full
> implemented? Because conecting it with a byte field, the pulldown menu
> in the data view is still not activated (The options like 'Insert from
> File' are all grey)!

Only static images are supported at the moment, what means binding data source
to them is not ready yet.

> I got a crash when I create a primary key for a new table the following
> way:
>
> 1) Name a field (as Index) with data type  'Integer Number.
> 2) In the properties area I mark it as Primary Key=yes.
>
> Nr. 2) works in the same way if I use Auto Number=yes and I accept the
> offer to create a primary key.

> The crash occures every time when I click at an existing kexi project
> file and opened with kext. But when I start kexi and and then let kexi
> open a existing file with the openin menu - all worked well and the
> error doesn't turn up.

Will be checked soon.

> I kept the debugger messages the KDE-Crashmanager offered me. I should I
> send it to you in a private mail?

Backtraces are not very large, so you can send them here.

> And now I will play a liitle bit with the programs. A last question,
> updating my subversion repostitory, which intervall would be practical?

Maybe you can guess from looking at commits? http://kstuff.org/commitfilter/
can help (now it's offline though).

I'll try ask (myself and other devs) to post a short news about finished
larger task being available in SVN. Anyway, I guess these posts will be rather
targeted to kexi-devel at kde.org mailing list.

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska