[Kexi] Compiling Problems with 0.9

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Sun Oct 30 02:55:58 CEST 2005

Karsten Schwager said the following, On 2005-10-30 02:33:

> Am Samstag Oktober 29 2005 17:56 schrieb Jarosław Staniek:
>
>>Please replace plugins/forms/kexilabel.h with the file I've attached,
>>and continue compiling. But if you can, better try to use newest
>>version from subversion trunk, see below.
>

> With the new file it worked well and I could compile kexi-0.9.
>

>>Use subversion in vary similar way as cvs but just replace cvs with
>>svn command, and use full path to the repositiory:
>

> I followed the instruction and downloaded kexi from svn. I got no error
> messages during the compiling prozess and I installed in /usr/local/.

Karsten,
Sorry, I forgot to mention that on

http://www.kexi-project.org/wiki/wiki/index.php?UsingSubversion#Short_version

that while running 'configure' you should provide valid prefix, specific for
your Linux distribution (updated now).

So instead of
  ./configure --enable-debug=full

type:

  ./configure --enable-debug=full --prefix=`kde-config --prefix`

This will require to recompile (make; make install)

Now, after installing your KDE will be able to "see" all Kexi services and
mime types properly. All error messages you mentioned were because of
unability to find these services.

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska