[Kexi] Compiling Problems with 0.9

Karsten Schwager broock54 at gmx.de
Sun Oct 30 02:33:03 CEST 2005

Hallo,

Am Samstag Oktober 29 2005 17:56 schrieb Jarosław Staniek:
> Please replace plugins/forms/kexilabel.h with the file I've attached,
> and continue compiling. But if you can, better try to use newest
> version from subversion trunk, see below.

With the new file it worked well and I could compile kexi-0.9.

> Use subversion in vary similar way as cvs but just replace cvs with
> svn command, and use full path to the repositiory:

I followed the instruction and downloaded kexi from svn. I got no error
messages during the compiling prozess and I installed in /usr/local/.
But when  started kexi I got the following errors:

1.) Open existing Project
The file "/home/karsten/Desktop/TestDB.kexi" is not recognized as being
supported by Kexi.

Details
Database driver for this file type not found. Detected MIME type:
application/x-sqlite3 (SQLite3-Datenbankdatei).

2.)Create New Project
Could not find database driver "".

At the very beginnig of my testing I still had the kexi v0.8.1 (from
koffice 1.4.2) installed. With this I got that message:

1.) Open existing Project
The file "/home/karsten/Desktop/TestDB.kexi" is not recognized as being
supported by Kexi.

Database driver for this file type not found. Detected MIME type:
application/x-sqlite3 (SQLite3-Datenbankdatei).

"mysql" database driver has version "1.5" but required driver version is
"1.7"
"sqlite2" database driver has version "1.5" but required driver version
is "1.7"
"sqlite3" database driver has version "1.5" but required driver version
is "1.7"

So at the moment I go back to Version 0.9.

Regards

Karsten

--
"I'm a cat person, myself," she said, vaguely. A low-level voice said:
"Yeah? Yeah? Wash in your own spit, do you?"
        -- It's a dog's life
           (Terry Pratchett, Moving Pictures)