[Kexi] Compiling Problems with 0.9

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Sat Oct 29 17:56:15 CEST 2005

Karsten Schwager said the following, On 2005-10-29 12:52:

> Right in the beginning I failed with compiling version 0.9.
>
> The last messages I got were these:
>
> kexidbfactory.cpp:480:3: warning: #warning Is there any reason to edit a
> lineedit in design-mode?
> ../../../kexi/formeditor/widgetfactory.h:302: warning: unused parameter
> ‘buf’
> ../../../kexi/formeditor/widgetfactory.h:302: warning: unused parameter
> ‘info’
> ../../../kexi/formeditor/widgetfactory.h:302: warning: unused parameter
> ‘w’
> ../../../kexi/formeditor/widgetfactory.h:306: warning: unused parameter
> ‘classname’
> ../../../kexi/formeditor/widgetfactory.h:306: warning: unused parameter
> ‘w’
> ../../../kexi/formeditor/widgetfactory.h:306: warning: unused parameter
> ‘property’
> kexilabel.h:37: error: expected `)' before ‘*’ token

Please replace plugins/forms/kexilabel.h with the file I've attached, and
continue compiling. But if you can, better try to use newest version from
subversion trunk, see below.

> I'm not a programmer so I haven't an idea whats's up.
> Ok, I took a look at the files *kexilabel.h* and *kexidbfactory.cpp*,
> but I don't no how to fix it.
>
> The only thing that I can fix is a missing lib, if I interpret the
> errror message correct.
>
> My System is Mandriva 2006. I got the errors even with the
> kde-3.4.2-packages that comes with the official distribution and the
> kde 3.4.92 from Mandriva Cooker.
>
> With the prebuild package for Mandriva/Mandrake you offer on your web
> page I got installing troubles so I can't install it.
>

>>If you can, for testing purposed use the bleeding edge version obtained
>
>>from Subversion.
>
> I never used subversion before (only a little bit with cvs - when I
> really couldn't wait til the next official release - ). So in the
> moment I don't know how it works.

Use subversion in vary similar way as cvs but just replace cvs with svn
command, and use full path to the repositiory:

http://www.kexi-project.org/wiki/wikiview/index.php?UsingSubversion#Short_version

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska