[Kexi] Data lookup in forms

Bram Schoenmakers bramschoenmakers at kde.nl
Wed Oct 19 22:27:47 CEST 2005

Hi,

I could have asked this on koffice at kde.org before this list existed, but now I
come to think of it.

The main reason why I haven't yet a database up and running in Kexi is that I
cannot lookup certain column names given a primary key id.

For example, I have to tables: Magazine and Article. When I create a form for
the Article table and want to store the Magazine, I can only enter the ID.
That means I have to look up the ID in the Magazine table and enter it in the
form. That is quite counter-productive to me, so I was wondering if there's a
way to look up fields in a form ("Name" of the magazine for example).

Kind regards,

--
Bram Schoenmakers
KDE Netherlands (www.kde.nl)

What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind.
  (Punch, 1855)