[Kexi] Can't run 'make -f Makefile.cvs'

Martin Ellis m.a.ellis at ncl.ac.uk
Fri Dec 9 11:40:18 CET 2005

On Friday 09 December 2005 09:17, Karsten Schwager wrote:
> I got the following error messages:
>
> [karsten at Desktop koffice]$ make -f Makefile.cvs
> This Makefile is only for the CVS repository
> This will be deleted before making the distribution
> *** Creating Makefile templates
> kunittest_KoUserStyleTester_la_LDFLAGS: variable
> `KDE_CHECK_PLUGIN' is used but `KDE_CHECK_PLUGIN' is undefined
> make[1]: *** [cvs] Fehler 1
> make: *** [all] Fehler 2

I think this is because you have the admin directory from the KDE 3.4 branch?

You can check by changing to the admin directory and running "svn info".

If it says something like

then you could try deleting the admin dir, and getting the admin dir from 3.5
instead:

cd koffice
rm -Rf admin
svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/KDE/3.5/kde-common/admin

Then try running make -f Makefile.cvs again.

BTW, I think I only got round to updating the "build from source" wiki page to
point to the 3.5 branch yesterday, so your instructions were probably out of
date.

Cheers
Martin