[Kexi-devel] Organisation of port work (Re: RFC: plan for starting the Qt5/KF5 port)

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Sat Mar 21 21:18:29 UTC 2015

<snip complete discussion>

Two weeks ago or so Inge put it nicely on #calligra IMHO:

There are 3 phases of the port:
1. Initial port of buildsystem (done now, thanks Boud)
2. Readding everything to build (minimal port, using kdelibs4support)
3. Porting away from kdelibs4support and other deprecated stuff

So seems in the discussion I was mainly concerned how to organize 2), while
you were concerned about 3), right?

For 2) I we should use the board on
https://todo.kde.org/?controller=board&action=show&project_id=73
(also given nothing else is set up right now)
Ideally that phase is done in 1-2 weeks, and then that board can be dropped
and rest in bitvana.

For 3) the maintainers/activists of the different subprojects would come up
with suited solutions. E.g. myself for the Okular plugins I might just do
without any official notes all on my own ;) But e.g. for Kexi surely the full
matrix might be the best, also with newcomers in mind.

Cheers
Friedrich