[Kexi-devel] RFC: plan for starting the Qt5/KF5 port

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Fri Feb 27 00:22:47 UTC 2015

Am Mittwoch, 25. Februar 2015, 08:33:25 schrieb Jaroslaw Staniek:
> On 25 February 2015 at 01:01, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau <kossebau at kde.org>
wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, 24. Februar 2015, 09:47:41 schrieb Boudewijn Rempt:
> >> As a sidenote, I also want to take the opportunity to do a clean-up step,
> >> but I'm not sure what the right moment or place is. It might even
> >> something to do in the 2.9 branch after tagging...
> >>
> >> * replace all header guards with '#pragma once' -- because errors with
> >> header guards are actually quite frequent, and all compilers support this
> >> pragma now.
>
> Let's either fix the guards or Qt Creator [
> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-7317 ]...
>
> Other KDE projects would have the same issue, it's apparently not very
> bit if only 263 files use it:
> http://lxr.kde.org/search?_filestring=&_string=%22pragma+once%22
>
> I would delay this change until the tool support it, and especially
> for frameworks I would not use it.
> So ending up with some files using it and some not does not look clean
> for me, it's a distraction (also in git history).

So seems general consensus is that it might be nice in theory, but practically
being non-standard and more important creating troubles for people using
QCreator. So let's skip that one. It's only affecting three lines per header
usually, so can be done any time later.

Noted.

> > Hm, I have not seen this done elsewhere yet, can we be sure that all
> > compilers we are targetting (which I assume would be defined what Qt5/KF5
> > targets for now) support this? And given you also target the 2.9 branch,
> > which might mean another set of compilers again. CentOS4(?)'s compiler
> > supports it? (Pardon, just stresstesting things I note down)
> >
> >> * rename all krita files to the calligra standard. (cc -> cpp, underscore
> >> -> CamelCaps)
> >>
> >> * from kde-dev-scripts, run:
> >> ** astyle-kdelibs (prevents the astyle problems with foreach and so on)
> >> ** clean-forward-declaration.sh (remove unused forward declarations)
> >>
> >> * from plasma-framework, run:
> >> ** port-qslots.sh (to port to Q_SLOTS and Q_SIGNALS)
> >> ** port-includes.sh (to get rid of the module prefixes in includes)
> >> ** port-cmake-style.sh (to get a bit more consistency)
> >
> > I am not sure everyone of the maintainers is yet convinced that this is
> > okay WRT git blame. Has consensus been reached there meanwhile? Any parts
> > of the repo which should be left out (Kexi?)?
>
> Applying full astyle is IMHO not OK, and even against efforts of
> everyone who keeps eye on proper coding style while doing code
> reviews.
>
> Secondly, breaking git blame is unacceptable. Unlike file renames,
> there's no equivalent of --follow or ignoring whitespace while
> patching, it's a massive irreversible break in history.
>
> People who try this would have to work with scripts like these [
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5098256/git-blame-prior-commits ]

Noted as counter arguments.

Cheers
Friedrich