[Kexi-devel] RFC: plan for starting the Qt5/KF5 port

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Fri Feb 27 00:22:15 UTC 2015

Am Mittwoch, 25. Februar 2015, 09:21:14 schrieb Boudewijn Rempt:
> On Wed, 25 Feb 2015, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, 24. Februar 2015, 09:47:41 schrieb Boudewijn Rempt:
> >> * rename all krita files to the calligra standard. (cc -> cpp, underscore
> >> -> CamelCaps)
> >>
> >> * from kde-dev-scripts, run:
> >> ** astyle-kdelibs (prevents the astyle problems with foreach and so on)
> >> ** clean-forward-declaration.sh (remove unused forward declarations)
> >>
> >> * from plasma-framework, run:
> >> ** port-qslots.sh (to port to Q_SLOTS and Q_SIGNALS)
> >> ** port-includes.sh (to get rid of the module prefixes in includes)
> >> ** port-cmake-style.sh (to get a bit more consistency)
> >
> > I am not sure everyone of the maintainers is yet convinced that this is
> > okay WRT git blame. Has consensus been reached there meanwhile? Any parts
> > of the repo which should be left out (Kexi?)?
>
> This is a whole list, and parts of it are really a good thing, like fixing
> the includes. We don't want, absolutely not, QModule/QClass style includes
> while porting. That's such a disaster. (And it was a bad idea to begin
> with, just makework -- why should anyone need to remember which module a
> Qt class comes from?) I did something similar with the previous Qt5 port,
> as well as making sure that all our kde includes were consistent.

Right, badly put my reply, sorry. I actually only meant the astyle-kdelibs
point with that. Agreeing here with everyone else, the slots, includes and
cmake changes seem sane to do.

WRT to astyle, I would like at least to keep the Okular plugins and Plan
untouched. Especially with Plan git blame is too important to put a layer of
reformatting between history and presence :)

Cheers
Friedrich