[Kexi-devel] bug in translation + guilabel

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Sun Jan 21 01:24:23 CET 2007

On Saturday 20 January 2007 19:56, koxinga wrote:
> In the tab "about" of the window "about kexi", the first two lines are
> not translated, even if there is a translation available in the .po
> file. I asked some of kde-francophone (french translation team) about
> it. He had the same problem and said it was a bug in the application, to
> be reported to the kexi developers.
>
> The corresponding lines in the code are the first lines of
> kexiaboutdata.cpp.

I cannot locate source of any troubles in the code. All the messages are
marged with I18N_NOOP() macro... I can see "Database creation for everyone"
and "This application version is distributed with KOffice suite."
translated, e.g. to polish when running Kexi.

> On another topic, I am translating the handbook in french and some of
> the words marked <guilabel></guilabel> in the .po files are not in the
> po files of the application ("table designer", "property pane", "PK").
> Is there a special reason for it ?

"PK" is replaced with the "info" icon and "Additional information about the
field" tool tip.
Re. property pane: "Go to property editor panel" amd "property editor" is
used.
Maybe guilabel should be replaced by other docbook element. In any case,
correction should be performed in TRUNK, not in the frozen 1.6 branch.

Thanks for pointing this out.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek