[Kexi-devel] About GSoC

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Tue May 9 16:27:40 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 9 May 2006 13:56, Jarosław Staniek wrote:
> Hugo Parente Lima said the following, On 2006-05-09 13:30:
> > My plan is to start from scratch (or semi-scratch, since I already
> > have small pieces of code done) because I dont see it as duplication
> > of code... I see it as a complement to Kexi, Kexi is data oriented
> > with focus on any desktop as end-user, my proposal is
> > database-structure oriented with focus on the developer as end-user.
>
> Could you please explain what's the difference betwen data-orientation
> and structure-orientation? Kexi is not a spreadsheet too, it makes
> heavy use of relationships and that's structure, isn't it?

I guess this is about higher level database modeling where the (object
oriented) design of the data structures are automatically converted into
sql-type tables.

The app will have the exporting of schema's as as an, well, export. This
means that the UI is geared mostly towards designing like Umbrello does.

Looks like a good idea; something that users of hibernate have been doing
via a command line app for some time.  And I guess thats the reason
Jarosław does not recognize it; there are no tools like Hibernate (see
http://www.hibernate.org/) for C++ :-)
--
Thomas Zander