[Kexi-devel] Proposal: Simplify KROSS namespaces

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Sat Nov 26 21:14:26 CET 2005

Notice: this is only proposal.

Rationales:
R1: Because I am alergic about OpenOffice.org's Java-like insanely deep
namespaces. What do you think?

R2: Inspecting recent version of Kexi API Docs I noticed on
http://www.kexi-project.org/docs/svn-api/html/annotated.html that Doxygen was
fooled about "Class" classname. I an not surprised because there is 3rd level
of namespace used. Thus I come to following ideas:

1. namespaces in kexidb bindings:
For now things like Kross::KexiDB::KexiDBConnectionData are used.
Could be simplified to less redundant Kross::KexiDB::ConnectionData. I would
even prefer Kross::KexiDBConnectionData. The same for any other KexiDB classes.

2. KROSS API namespaces
E.g. Kross::Api::Class<KexiDBConnectionData> is used.
What about flattening such things to to KrossApi::Class<KexiDBConnectionData>?

3. Use above in similar cases to glue Kross::Something to a single identifier.

PS: One day when KROSS make a jump into kdelibs the neamespaces would be
flattened anyway.

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska