[Kexi-devel] messages in kexidb/drivers/configure.in.in

Martin Ellis m.a.ellis at ncl.ac.uk
Sun Nov 6 00:50:20 CET 2005

On Saturday 05 November 2005 23:47, Jarosław Staniek wrote:
> What was the reason to remove verbose warnings about not found mysql/pgsql
> headers or libs?
>
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/koffice/kexi/kexidb/drivers/configure.in.in?rev
>=395098&r1=394950&r2=395098

I didn't.  The warnings were moved to configure.in.bot:
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/koffice/kexi/kexidb/drivers/configure.in.bot?rev=395097&r1=394950&r2=395098

This means that they should appear at the end of the configure output, instead
of being lost in the clutter of configure output.

> Now on configure stage user is not warned about it unless he's looking at
> config log (knowing what is he looking for).

That shouldn't be the case.

> I liked the previous messages about "what to do to add missing
> componenets". Now, e.g. after trying to compile Kexi on another machine
> with a clean system, it took me one minute to figure out I am compiling it
> without mysql support.... (I expected the configure stage will tell me what
> I forgot about).

Ah, the mysql warnings, that's different to the URL you gave above.  It seems
that configure.in.bot doesn't show a message for that.  (Although it should
say further up in the configure output?).

Martin