[Kexi-devel] messages in kexidb/drivers/configure.in.in

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Sun Nov 6 00:47:47 CET 2005

Martin,
What was the reason to remove verbose warnings about not found mysql/pgsql
headers or libs?

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/koffice/kexi/kexidb/drivers/configure.in.in?rev=395098&r1=394950&r2=395098

Now on configure stage user is not warned about it unless he's looking at
config log (knowing what is he looking for).

I liked the previous messages about "what to do to add missing componenets".
Now, e.g. after trying to compile Kexi on another machine with a clean system,
it took me one minute to figure out I am compiling it without mysql
support.... (I expected the configure stage will tell me what I forgot about).

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska