f35 kdevelop 5.6.2 :: within project sting_view not found in std?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 13:14:23 GMT 2022

On Friday February 11 2022 23:09:31 Adrian Sevcenco wrote:

>Unfortunately no .. i get the same message (and error in the Problems/Parser tab)

At this point I think you have a few more options left to explore:
1- double-check the compiler arguments with which the file is built.  A priori those are added (or replace) the default ones for the parser.
2- tweak the C++ parser arguments manually in the language support prefs. tab we discussed (btw, I remember it looked like this already happened for the plain C arguments)
3- add the #include <string_view> header if not already included somehow.
4- create a minimal CMake-based project that does something trivial with this std class and see if it has the same problem.

If all that fails (or succeeds, for point 4), then you may have a bug on your hands.

However, I just tried this with a small C++ project of mine, which I build with clang 5.0 . Introduced a bogus std::string_view variable somewhere. I got the parser error until I switched the parser to C++17 (had never done that before, apparently). No need to include the <string_view> header.

Re: point 1 above: I'm a long-term KDevelop user too, but I still get bitten sometimes by the fact that the build directory used by KDevelop might be different than the one I actually build in (which I almost never do through KDevelop). This does reek a little bit of such a situation.

R.