git integration for remote repository

Amit Chaudhuri amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 13:58:49 BST 2021

Hi all,

I've seen suggestions that kdevelop can clone a remote repository,
handle local branches and push changes back to the remote. That's
exactly what I am trying to do with 4.7.1.

If I try to "fetch the project" the dialogue box allows me to push the
"Get" button but then hangs showing 0% progress.

My url has the following form:

<username>@<ipv4 address>:~/xxx-1.010.0.152.git

I have ssh keys set up for my user account (not the same as username
above) and can perform a clone using the url form above without the
need to passwords.

The ipv4 address is on an internal network and correct for my usage
via the command line. I can ping, git clone, git push etc..all without
issue.

The example I saw from the announcement of the feature in 4.1 (Aleix
Pol's blog is mentioned) used the address
git at gitorious.org:kamoso/mainline.git.

Am I trying to use a url format that isn't supported?
Are there things I can do to fix this?
Are there logs I can consult to shed further light on the problem (and
maybe self help?)

Regards,

Amit