5.6.1 KDE Widget Style

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 18:06:03 BST 2021

On Thursday July 08 2021 01:10:12 Simon Walter wrote:

>I'm not fussed enough to build it. I would first of all need to clone my
>system and see about what packages I need to remove and add, etc. I
>can't risk any downtime on my workstations especially wrt libc, gcc and
>other libraries.

I think you're being overly cautious there, esp. if you have no issues running the distro-provided KDevelop version other than it being too old. If your system is already set up for building you just use the toolchain you're used to, and just install the -dev packages of the dependencies your distro-KDevelop would use... (You can uninstall them again afterwards if you want to run a clean ship.)

FWIW, the AppImage is bound to use your system's libc, plus a healthy bunch of other libraries. I don't see why building it yourself would put those libraries at risk - you certainly wouldn't need to update them.