5.6.1 KDE Widget Style

Javier Guerra Giraldez javier at guerrag.com
Wed Jul 7 14:35:12 BST 2021

On Wed, 7 Jul 2021 at 07:55, Simon Walter <simon at explicit.technology> wrote:

> On 2021-07-07 19:44, Sven Brauch wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 7/7/21 6:24 AM, Simon Walter wrote:
> >> I'm using the AppImage and with the 5.6.1 release, it doesn't seem to
> >> respect the KDE Widget Style I've set in the KDE System Settings
> >> (Breeze).
> >
> > IIRC the AppImage should use the Breeze style. Maybe something broke there?
> >
> > In general though, we cannot really use your system's widget style,
> > because the style is a plugin and might not be binary-compatible between
> > the Qt version the AppImage ships, and your host system.
> >
> > Greetings!
>
> I heard something about that - all the libs packaged in an AppImage. So
> maybe Breeze got left out or another theme is now the default?

I reported this issue when 5.6.1 was released, unfortunately for me
it's even worse as it also has conflicts with the
$QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS, making this package unusable in my dual
monitor setup.

Not knowing any real detail of how AppImages are packages, I've been
hoping the next iteration would work as before.  I also noted that
there's some hints of a 5.6.2 version, but it seems to only exist in
source code form, no packages yet.

--
Javier