5.6.1 KDE Widget Style

Simon Walter simon at explicit.technology
Wed Jul 7 13:55:11 BST 2021

On 2021-07-07 19:44, Sven Brauch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 7/7/21 6:24 AM, Simon Walter wrote:
>> I'm using the AppImage and with the 5.6.1 release, it doesn't seem to
>> respect the KDE Widget Style I've set in the KDE System Settings
>> (Breeze).
>
> IIRC the AppImage should use the Breeze style. Maybe something broke there?
>
> In general though, we cannot really use your system's widget style,
> because the style is a plugin and might not be binary-compatible between
> the Qt version the AppImage ships, and your host system.
>
> Greetings!

I heard something about that - all the libs packaged in an AppImage. So
maybe Breeze got left out or another theme is now the default?

AppImage for 5.6.0 used Breeze, but 5.6.1 uses something else. It looks
like Curve maybe. The odd thing is the mouse cursor also changes to a
default white and black small cursor. I have something else set. GTK
windows don't do that. I can imagine that if I were to run something as
another user, it would show a different cursor.

My distribution has version 5.0.3. I started using the AppImage because
there are a lot of fixes and useful improvements in the newer versions.

Best regards,

Simon