kdevelop lock icon

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Thu Dec 23 17:00:17 GMT 2021

On Donnerstag, 23. Dezember 2021 14:56:08 CET Lou Lipnickey wrote:
> thanks so much see attached pic. Cannot edit an html file if file>open is
> used. If a new file is created and saved as html it is editable.
> Very frustrating when this happens. Lou

That would mean the `KateStatusBar::modifiedChanged` default branch is hit,
see [1]. Can you use a debugger (or recompile with printf statements) to see
what value you are getting there? My guess would be `m_view->doc()-
>isReadWrite()` is false for some reason for you... Which would mean
`ReadWritePart::setReadWrite` was called with `false` at some point -> you'd
have to figure out where and why.

Good luck

[1]: https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/ktexteditor/-/blob/master/src/view/
katestatusbar.cpp#L384