git integration from remote repository - AppImage (5.6.1)

Amit Chaudhuri amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 15:09:35 BST 2021

Hi all,

This updates an early question based around an older version of kdevelop.

https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/kdevelop/kdevelop/setting-up-a-session-and-importing-an-existing-project.html#option-1--importing-a-project-from-a-version-control-system-server

I am following the docs for kdevelop at docs.kde.org. Section 2 Option
1 describes how to import a project from a version control system
server. The menu option is project|fetch project.

The process steps are:
- select source (git)
- specify destination folder (/home/amit/share/kdev1)
- specify url for repository
(git at ssh.dev.azure.com:v3/company-new/xyz-test/xyz-test)
- press "Get"

Step 1 is fine.
Step 2 starts out ok but when I enter my url the data in step two is
over-written.
If I proceed with the modified destination folder and press "Get" I
get an error as follows:

/home/amit/share> git clone --progress --
file:///home/amit/git@ssh.dev.azure.com:v3/company-new/xyz-test/xyz-test
Cloning into 'home/amit/share/xyz-test'...

Command exited with value 128.

I see two problems here with the failure to clone being the major one.
The other is that my destination is being messed with.

It looks to me as though the clone url I have supplied is not
supported. What starts out as a url for a remote accessed via ssh is
being processed as with the file: protocol rather than ssh.

I have successfully cloned with that url (prefixed with 'git clone ')
on the same machine so I know that authentication etc are all ok for
command line use. Can you confirm this is a problem or point to a work
around?

A tiny bit more context. The clone url is for an Azure Dev Ops
repository. The method of authentication being used in our working
command line case is based on ssh/rsa.

Regards

Amit