Lateral mouse movement stops scroll wheel

Simon Walter simon at explicit.technology
Wed Jul 29 17:23:55 BST 2020

On 2020-07-29 23:46, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Wednesday July 29 2020 20:55:59 Simon Walter wrote:
>> Yes. I like that. However, Russel Haley is the OP. So maybe reply to him
>> if you know what the solution might be.
>
> I have no solution, I think it's an intended behaviour.
"...when there is lateral movement on the mouse, the scrolling from the
wheel is canceled."

That doesn't sound like "intended behaviour" to me. Did you get the part
where he is running Kdevelop in a VM?

There is no mention of touchpad or two finger scroll. That is what I
said I experienced to demonstrate the problem might be between the host
and guest and touchpad vs mouse. There are different events, AFAIK - not
to mention touchscreen (can't remember what the correct device name is).

Russell, if that is not enough of a hint where to look for the problem,
you might be able to get better help posting on the Ubuntu forum or
askubuntu.com. I don't think it's specific to Kdevelop.

In any case, if you do post back, please let us know:
-Does the VM have a touchpad or a mouse driver loaded?
  # cat /proc/bus/input/devices | grep -iE 'mouse|touch'
-Is the host a physical laptop?
-If it is a laptop, does the behaviour change when using a USB mouse?
-Is the host OS Windows?
-It's Virtual Box, no?
-What is the DE or WM in the VM?

Best regards,