Lateral mouse movement stops scroll wheel

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 15:46:53 BST 2020

On Wednesday July 29 2020 20:55:59 Simon Walter wrote:
>Yes. I like that. However, Russel Haley is the OP. So maybe reply to him
>if you know what the solution might be.

I have no solution, I think it's an intended behaviour. There are other input actions that do NOT stop wheel-induced scrolling and those often lead to undesired side-effects (such as text zoom when you press the Ctrl key to trigger a shortcut when inertial scrolling hasn't stopped yet).

Maybe that the exact reported issue can be avoided by allowing horizontal scrolling (I expect not because a scroll wheel probably generates events for a single dimension only, but it's worth a try).

>PS
>
>It's probably my fault because I bottom post and think that one top post

It is, but because apparently you haven't configured your subscription to filter out replies that go to you AND to the list (I always "reply-all" to avoid excluding the list).