Lateral mouse movement stops scroll wheel

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 10:51:18 BST 2020

On Wednesday July 29 2020 15:05:41 Simon Walter wrote:

>such as Kate or Dolphin? I have KDE installed on a laptop and two finger
>scroll enabled. When I scroll with two fingers, the mouse movement gets
>disabled. Are you using KDE?

I just checked and I get the same thing, in all applications that support scrolling (not just KDE). I think that's normal: 2-finger scrolling can be both horizontal and vertical; it basically means "pan the content under the mouse cursor instead of moving the cursor over the content".

It would stand to reason that this is true for scrolling with an actual scroll wheel too. I think the last time I used one of those was before multi-touch trackpads became the norm (and their drivers thus installed by default)...