Lateral mouse movement stops scroll wheel

Simon Walter simon at explicit.technology
Mon Jul 27 08:23:43 BST 2020

On July 27, 2020 4:38:54 AM UTC, Russell Haley <russ.haley at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>First, is there a mailing list archive I can search? I have a
>half-dozen
>dopey questions that I could research myself.
>
>Onto the topic: I noticed that using the scroll wheel on a mouse
>produces
>inconsistent movement. I finally deduced that when there is lateral
>movement on the mouse, the scrolling from the wheel is canceled. This
>behaviour seems consistent across multiple Ubuntu VMs and Windows. Is
>this normal? Is there a way to cancel that behavior?
>
>Thanks for the awesome editor.
>Russ

I do not have that behavior Kdevelop nor any other application KDE, QT, or otherwise.

Is that in all KDE applications?

I would assume that the application normally does not determine the mouse behavior.

If it's only happening in Kdevelop, you should probably include more information about your environment (OS, WM, versions, etc) in order for anyone to have clue as to what the problem could be.

If it is happening in other X applications, then the problem is not with Kdevelop. Try to look into how your mouse behaviour is determined (settings, etc). In your other email it seems you are running in a VM? Or maybe building on Windows?