KDevelop continuous activity?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 14:09:05 BST 2020

On Friday April 10 2020 10:22:35 Sven Brauch wrote:

>> An idle GUI application
>> 70% of its cycles
>
>Don't you see the problem here? 70% of "almost nothing" is still "almost
>nothing".

Did I ever say that this was putting a significant load on my system? I didn't. But a single app that consumes 2-3% CPU over a couple of hours just sitting there waiting until you come back to it is just a bit too much to my taste, and probably more than it could be.

>Please, try to grasp at least the most fundamental points of what perf tells
>you before starting wild speculations about bugs in glib.

Again, please don't put words into my mouth. Answer my question about what perf is supposed to tell me instead.

Meanwhile,