KDevelop continuous activity?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 13:19:38 BST 2020

OK, I'll continue to monitor this, but a quick check confirms that I've been slightly confused about the total_time value. Running Kate (with its inevitable empty document but without having focus) or /bin/sh for 3 hours will report a total_time of, surprise, 3 hours. Apologies for that, I'm a bit off my game (let's write that off to the Circus Corona ... distractions).

However, both Kate and sh will report 0% CPU, and negligible amounts of user_cpu (0.000s for sh,  3.527 for Kate). KDevelop reports considerably more even without a single document open (and set NOT to parse every entire project on load) and I think that's what actually struck me (and what I'll continue to monitor).

As you were :)

R.