Why my installation of 5.2.3 won't parse the code -- a clue (was: Re: 5.2.4 impression)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri May 10 10:10:53 BST 2019

On Friday May 10 2019 09:02:21 Kevin Funk wrote:

>KDevelop has some troubles auto-detecting include dirs with pure make or
>qmake-based projects; cmake-based ones usually work fine though.

"Some trouble", or does it simply lack the code because it would be near impossible to glean all include dirs from the Makefiles of such projects?

This is where a compilation database (compile_commands.json) parser would be helpful; there are utilities to create such a database from the output from `make` ("compiledb" is one that works pretty good). There was some talk of such a parser a while back, has any progress been made?

R.