Very annoying problem

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 09:34:33 GMT 2019

Leon Pollak wrote:

Hi

Something I missed from your initial post:

> As I encounter this each 3-5 minutes and this prevents me from normally

and a detail that wasn't in that initial post:

> invisible borders I resized the overlapping window to possible minimum (see in
> the right-lower corner mc screen fragment):

So what actually happens is that whenever you switch to debug mode a window may
start popping up at a 3-5 minute interval which never shows its own content
(showing its backdrop instead)?

Could this be a misbehaving kioslave which tries to pretend to be one of
KDevelop's windows (using setTransientXXX or some similar call)?

I understand you can in fact interact with its borders; what happens when you
click somewhere inside this "invisible" window? Seemingly nothing, correct?

If so, you could simply use the old xwininfo tool to obtain some information
about the window. I cannot tell you off the top of my head how to obtain process
information from there but maybe someone else can tell you that.

R.