Very annoying problem

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Thu Mar 28 07:52:07 GMT 2019

On Thursday, 28 March 2019 2:28:20 IST Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 10:11 AM Leon Pollak <leonp at plris.com> wrote:
> > Hello, all.
> > I have already reported this issue as a bug, but no reaction/reviews were.
> > As I encounter this each 3-5 minutes and this prevents me from normally
> > working, I don't believe that this is a wide spread bug, buts something
> > local to my installation most probable.
> > So, I upgraded to the last 5.3.2 version, but the problem exists.
> > Here it the explanation:
> >
> > 1. In the code browsing mode everything is fine. See the picture:
> > https://drive.google.com/open?id=1no0zSb3DFtgZXWcK3v_6QP9bPaqOtFQZ
> >
> > 2. When I enter the debug mode, part of the screen is not updated:
> > https://drive.google.com/open?id=1z7GjHplR368Bw6cdeIdP-bVqFJojARd7
> >
> > To be more precise - when the screen switches everything looks OK for the
> > first second, may be two. Then something springs out and this screen part
> > displays the previous fragment.
> > If I switch to another application (mc in example) and return - this part
> > of mc screen remains.
> >
> > As it overrides the debugger, frame stack, memory display and all others
> > frames, it makes debugging process very very very difficult!
> > ---
> > This situation appeared relatively rare some month ago. Then the rate
> > increased, and today it happens constantly.
> >
> > Any help/hints/recommendations will be highly appreciated, as I can't work
> > any more today!
> > --
> > Leon
>
> Hello,
> I've never seen this.
>
> Maybe a way to look into it would be to run the application with
> GammaRay and see where it's coming from?
>
> Aleix

Thanks, Aleix.
I looked in the internet what the GammaRay is - unfortunately I am totally dumb
in Qt programming - I am the embedded programmer...:-)
But I am ready to investigate the issue, if somebody can guide me.

Meanwhile, as I posted earlier, I managed to lessen the harm...:-) Using the
invisible borders I resized the overlapping window to possible minimum (see in
the right-lower corner mc screen fragment):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_GGsoKpLhZRnwCE7Tersu_cuFCV-rkbi

--
Leon