Is there a kdevelop-user list?

rhkramer at gmail.com rhkramer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 13:42:54 BST 2019

Thanks for the reply!

On Friday, April 26, 2019 03:32:35 AM Milian Wolff wrote:
> On Donnerstag, 25. April 2019 01:47:04 CEST rhkramer at gmail.com wrote:
> > Is there a kdevelop-user list?
>
> Yes: kdevelop at kde.org

I just sent it in a subscription request, but, in the meantime I'll ask one
more question here / to you.

> > I want to learn to use kdevelop (an older version, kdevelop 4.7.0 on kde
> > 4.14.2, on Debian Jessie).
>
> That's horribly outdated, don't use it.

(Not the question, but I'll work towards that end by eventually upgrading
Jessie -- I don't feel very confident installing new software by compiling.
(The chroot jail I mentioned does use a much more up-to-date Debian, but with
no X and nothing like KDE.)

> Use git or some other VCS to generate diffs.

(Still not the question) OK, but I was assuming (and am still assuming -- but
I expect to find out for sure that I could invoke [git] diff from within
kdevelop and see the results there.

> > I'd like to find a tutorial that deals with how to use kdevelop to import
> > and then "work on" (as described above) existing projects (rather than
> > starting from scratch to build a project.
>
> What build systems are Scintilla/Scite using? If cmake, then just open the
> source folders and you should be all set up, assuming you have the required
> dependencies available.

(The one more question) I'm fairly sure it is not the cmake system based on a
quick look at man cmake (which is installed on my Jessie system) -- the basis
of my opinion is that the make files  are named make and not cmake.